Common Breast Augmentation Myths and the Truth Behind Them
If you are interested in pursuing breast augmentation surgery, chances are you have been doing some independent research on the subject. Unfortunately, there are many unreliable sources online that have been generating and reinforcing some common breast augmentation myths and misconceptions.
The highly trained staff at Dr. Hiers Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa is here to clear up any misleading information you have received and answer any questions you may have.
Here are just a few common breast augmentation myths and their accompanying truths.
My breasts will look fake
By picking a natural looking size and board-certified plastic surgeon, you are minimizing any chance of your breasts looking irregular. Dr. Hiers specializes in creating beautiful, natural-looking breasts for her patients.
Recovery is painful
Most women find that not being able to lift things or workout was the most challenging part, but recovery from surgery is generally not unbearably painful. Many patients are back to work in three to four days. At only one month after surgery, patients can usually resume cardio exercises and can begin to lift weights after two months.
Breast implants will last a lifetime
Implant manufactures suggest that the implants be replaced every 10 years, but sometimes is not necessary to replace them unless there is an issue. Every individual is different, but future surgeries are a possibility that needs some consideration.
My breasts will look natural right away
Right after surgery, your breast muscles will tighten and give a higher position on your body. Months afterward the breast muscle will relax and become more natural looking, so don’t be discouraged if the results aren’t exactly what you had envisioned within those first few months.
Breast Augmentation Tips
- Don’t plan a breast augmentation before a major event.
- Have realistic expectations after surgery – don’t plan on looking like a completely different person or a bikini model.
- Consider a breast lift versus breast augmentation.
- To aid in breast sagginess, a breast lift is the right way to go.
- A breast augmentation will only increase breast size.
- Get rid of the notion that, ‘What worked for my friend will work for me.’
- Every woman has different needs and a different body. The procedure will not be identical to anyone who has had it before you.
- Different size implants or incisions might work better for your desired ending look.
For more information about breast augmentation, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns about this potentially life-changing cosmetic surgery, contact us and schedule your first consultation today. Our highly experienced staff is ready to care for you.